Eventually, we will need a pleasurable vacation and there are signs that you need one. As businesspeople, here are symptoms of stress that can be relieved with proper vacation:
- Egoistic point of view: Eventually, we will get so wrapped up that we start to do things “our way”. We could believe that our way is the right one, because we do it for so long. During a vacation, we should have the opportunity to relax our ego and hear other voices. New ideas that we obtain after a vacation could have significant differences in the way we do our business and our overall lives. So, when we feel that we become somewhat egoistic, it is a good idea to plan a vacation.
- We feel that there are not enough hours in a day: In workplace, each hour is precious and we often complain that 8-hour work isn’t nearly enough to complete our tasks. With vacation, we should be able to sense the timelessness. We are no longer getting so trapped in time. We no longer rush off to reach a place or get something done. Constant work is obviously stressful and exhausting. Vacation is a chance to finally let the time go and we are no longer dictated by tight schedules. It can be really amazing to find how lives can be so enjoyable if we are able to live in the present moment.
- Disconnection with the nature: During a vacation, we should include nature in our plan. We will be able to reap plenty of benefits by connecting with the global life force. We will be able to immerse ourselves in the same life force that nurtures the mountains, water, flowers and trees. The overall stream of life runs through our world. It also runs through our veins night and day. By being aware of it, we should be able to dance along in the rhythmic pattern. The life force is brimming with joy and our happiness could eventually break into a tumultuous wave of flowers. We should try to meditate and become one with the life force itself. We will begin to understand the real power behind the whole universe. By having this kind of meditative vacation, we should be able to refresh our lives.
- No time for play: It is not a good thing if we don’t have time to play and enjoy ourselves in our daily lives. Many good things can happen during a vacation, although things don’t always go as we plan. However, we should have the time enjoy ourselves whenever possible. During a vacation we could finally have so much play time and this will increase our creativity. In essence, creativity is essential to our productivity. It is an energy that can enhance our lives.
- No gratitude: Vacation should allow us to have proactive gratitude. It helps us to free ourselves from the daily chores. We will be able to experience new adventures and taste new food. It is also easy to appreciate the beauty all around us.