Search engine optimization (SEO) is critical if you want to take your website to the next level. SEO helps your site stand out in a crowded sphere, giving it the chance to compete effectively. For many people, using the services of an SEO company is essential. Here’s how to find the right professionals for your needs.
1. Experience : SEO is a relatively new science, based on the work of the search engines. Much has changed over the past 20 years, therefore you need to hire someone who has the experience to help your site thrive. The SEO professional should have a good grip on the overall market and know how best to advance your site. You should ask for and check references. Only if you’re satisfied with the company’s experience should you pursue further.
2. Size : The bigger the SEO company, the better. Right? Not always. Although size matters for Fortune 500 companies, if you’re a small business operator it isn’t the number of employees that matter, but the skill sets of those you are dealing with. A team of 7 to 12 people may be just as effective as an SEO company with hundreds of employees.
3. Availability : Very much tied in with the number of employees is the availability of your SEO team. If an issue arises overnight or on the weekend, where will you turn? The SEO company should have someone on call for you to reach 24/7/365. You can’t afford to wait hours or even days for an answer if your site suddenly gets hammered in the search results. Tons of money may be at stake — you need to have an SEO expert available to intercede.
4. Customer assistance : You may not always need to reach an SEO expert when calling in to the SEO company. Sometimes you need to talk to someone about a bill or ask about other services available. Being able to connect with a human being is critically important in these situations. Find out from the SEO company how they handle customer assistance advises LocalSEOCompanies.com.
5. Cost : How much you pay for SEO services is something you need to know. Will you be charged by the hour or by the job? Or perhaps of a hybrid of the two? Understand the fee schedule and how it works. The best SEO companies work with your budget. You should also know whether you can cancel your contract at any time. Most companies provide a 30-day opt out clause.
6. Social Media : Your SEO company may rock all things SEO, but how well do they tie in social media? It isn’t enough that your website is succeeding in the search engine results pages (SERPs). Employing a social media strategy incorporating Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and other tools is important as well.
7. Ranking : PageRank is dead, so what metrics does the search engine optimization company use to gauge your site? Alexa and SEOMoz are two methods for measuring your site’s overall health. But your SEO company also should measure such things as channel-specific traffic, total visits, new sessions, customer retention rate, and customer value. Other metrics such as return on investment (ROI) can help you quantify those results.
8. Reporting : No SEO service is worth its claims unless they provide reports for your review. Those reports should be available at all times, and offer weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual updates. Reports are essential as these allow you to take corrective action when needed.
SEO Considerations :
It is good practice to interview at least three SEO company professionals before choosing one to serve your needs. In doing so, you can compare prices, gauge the market, and make an informed decision. Again, always check references and if your contract is especially complicated, then consult an accountant or your attorney to have it reviewed.