The Balearic Islands, washed by the Mediterranean Sea, are a small archipelago belonging to Spain. The third largest (more than 500 km²) and, perhaps, the most famous inhabited island of the archipelago, is Ibiza. In winter, tourists on the island almost do not come across, and this is not surprising, because the stems of thermometers show about +12 ° C, but in summer, when the weather is sunny and the temperature is + 25-26 ° C, the situation is fundamentally opposite.
Starting from the Easter week and until the beginning of autumn, under the influx of tourists from all over the world, you would not get bored on the resorts of Ibiza. Every year, thousands of young people come here in search of unprecedented entertainment and fantastic holidays. The feeling of the congestion appears in Ibiza only closer to the night, as all the clubbers are sleeping till the evening, giving you an opportunity to have a rest in the daytime. If you want to succeed in watching all the sights and beauties, it is better to rent a car in Ibiza Airport and then- to travel around the island. Here are some more advices for those, who are going to visit this amazing place.
- If you are travelling by car, and the length of your driving experience is insufficient, it is better not to drive to the north – to Portinatx, as the roads there are situated in the mountains and rocks. In addition, there are many cliffs, and you will feel a bit uncomfortable, as your ears will be plugged much. If you are still going to visit Portinatx, it is better to use the sea transport, which is in abundance in Ibiza.
- For young people, the hotels and apartments, which are located in five minutes’ drive from the capital of Ibiza, in the resorts of Talamanca and Platja d’en Bossa, and in the city of San Antonio, are best suited. The reason is a great variety of clubs, restaurants and bars. Most of the guests of San Antonio are young people of England. In addition, this resort is preferred by influential businessmen, show business and sports stars, as evidenced by the number of their luxury yachts, moored along the coast in San Antonio.
- Alcohol in Ibiza costs cheaper than water! In the center of the city, you are always invited to clubs, so mind your health during these holidays.
- The most beautiful places of Ibiza will not leave you indifferent: the breathtaking bays and beaches of San Antonio, Santa Eulalia, Cala Llonga, a wonderful view of the lighthouse Portinatx, the old town of Ibiza with a huge beautiful fortress on the Mediterranean coast are worth a visit!
- Visit the most famous cafe in the world – ‘Del Mar’, and watch the sunset together with tourists from all around the world.
- Ibiza is also known for the fact that here, on the island, almost simultaneously with Jamaica, the hippie subculture was born. Visit the Hippy Market to feel the atmosphere of early Ibiza, look at the young hippies and to buy souvenirs for yourself and your friends.
- Currently, Spain is no more dangerous than any other cosmopolitan society. The most serious problem for tourists is the theft of bags and the pocket theft. Therefore, we do not advise you to carry a mint of money with you. If you intend to make a major purchase, do not put money in a handbag – the thieves-motorcyclists could pluck it. All valuables should be left in the hotel safe. If you are nevertheless, robbed, contact the local police station or call the police- 091.
- Go on an excursion to the rock Es Vedra. It would be a sea cruise on a beautiful liner with the chance to swim in the open Mediterranean.
- You will not see wild animals in Ibiza, but there are many lizards, of all colors and sizes. The lizard is the symbol of Ibiza. You will find its images on the emblems of nightclubs, restaurants and other places. None of these lizards (according to local residents) is poisonous.
- The peak of the tourist season is the period from May to October, at this time prevails the most favorable weather. Travelers, who decide to go to Ibiza in summer, should take care of booking rooms in advance, since there are not so many free rooms in hotels in the summer.
- On all of the major beaches, there are rental centers for sports equipment. In addition, vacationers are given the opportunity to rent canoes, boats, pedal boats and other leisure facilities.
- Shopping amateurs should take into account that the prices for various goods in local stores are quite high. For memorable souvenirs, it is best to go to the city of Santa Eulalia, which is located near the capital. Ibiza is famous for its designer clothing stores, where a huge selection of fashionable accessories and club dresses is offered.