If you are in search of an exceptional way to protect residential spaces, then roller shutters can turn out to be just what you need. In addition, you will never be limited to options of shutters available, giving you the opportunity to choose the one that best suits your requirements. Before, focusing on how these shutters can aid in the security of your home, let us know more about them, how to operate it.
What Are Roller Shutters?
Roller shutters comprise of horizontal or vertical slants closely fitted to doors and windows. These shutters are known for several properties such as:
- To provide shade to the home
- Act as a form of blackout screen
- Block unwanted heat and exchange of gases
- Maintain privacy indoors
Most of the roller shutters function by either rolling up or down through the special guides that are installed on either side of the door and windows. These are designed in a way that the roller shutter cannot be pulled in order to gain access to your premise. When the shutter is completely up these guides remain discreetly hidden on the narrow cassette of the doorway present inside.
What Are The Different Types of Roller Shutter?
There are several roller shutters available out there, and these can be broadly classified into two categories, which are:
- Manual Shutter: Just as the name suggests, manual shutters are operated manually by lifting and releasing the slants of the shutter. This is done by turning the winder to lower or raise according to your preferences.
- Motor Shutters: The motor shutters on the other hand are automated shutters that make use of a motorized system to operate electrically. Such shutters are equipped with a remote control used to raise or lower the shutter, without having to manage the winder.
5 Ways By Which Roller Shutters Secure Your Property
When you want to secure your home, then installing roller shutter is indeed a wise decision, because when you have them around you will no longer have to worry about:
- Thermal insulation: Roller shutters are known for their amazing thermal insulation. If certain windows in your home face towards the sun then just lower the shutter and you will notice that, it is able to block the path of sunlight completely. Besides that, shutters even block UV radiations of the sun and keep the space cooler even in summers.
- Security: Despite being less bulky, roller shutter act as an excellent security measure used to enhance the security of your home. In fact, some shutters can be combined with sensors, alarm, and surveillance systems to monitor everything that happens in and around the property.
- Fire Protection: Those areas that are prone to high fire must consider installing these shutters for optimal safety. Having them even prepares you for any sort of unexpected fire accidents, where having roller shutter could make the difference between losing or saving your valuable possessions.
- Acoustic Insulation: Most of the shutters come up with acoustic insulation that reduces noise significantly. This turns out to be a boon in disguise for those residents that have to live near busy roads, airports, school, or other areas that often produce intolerable noise every now and then.
- Aesthetic Appeal: The one thing that holds most of the homeowners back while installing roller shutter is, shutters may not be able to match up to the style of the home. Fortunately, today’s shutters are not only helping in enhancing the security of your home but at the same time, are known for the one of a kind aesthetic value, that would add to the beauty of your home, both in outdoors and indoors.