Gardens are an important aspect of a house, and many homeowners want to put up a fence around their garden and outer perimeter of their house. The modern fences come in wide range of materials and styles and necessary to protect the homeowners and other occupants of the house. A beautiful looking fence enhances the outlook of the house and most importantly provide privacy to the person if he is planning a barbecue dinner with family and friends.
A fence installed in the front garden accentuates the wonderful garden and prevents the stray dogs from littering around in the garden. A fence with considerable height also prevents your pet cat or dog from running from the house. An attractive fence in front of the house increases the value of the house if you are thinking to sell the house and move into a different place. You can easily sit and relax with your family and enjoy the rainy weather without worrying about the neighbors looking.
The fence also stops the kids playing in the neighborhood to come and go from your garden as many children are mischievous and may pluck the flowers from your garden. Burglary is one thing that can happen in property of anyone, but a fence helps to improve the security and prevent intruders and burglars from stepping in your property. If you are looking to remodel your house then the exterior looks of the house can considerably improve with a fine and sophisticated fence.
You need to consult professional companies who are willing to provide the best garden fencing services in North London. The fence installers are experienced and familiar with the trends of fencing according to available space and looks of the house. The fence installers can advise you on the best type of fence which would suit your needs. The common types of fencing include wood, aluminum, PVC (polyvinylchloride), chain link, wrought iron, vinyl, and bamboo. The modern fences can be used for various purpose such as a picket fence, a privacy fence, post with rail fences, and split rail fences.
- A picket fence is mostly installed in the front yard of the house and usually placed around the area of the flower bed and small grass. The pickets of the fence are spaced 1 and half inches apart. The standard height of picket fence is 3 to 5 feet, and they are shorter than privacy fence.
- The split rail fences are also called farm fences and normally have 2 or 3 rails attached. A barbed wire is attached to keep the animals in or out of a confined area.
- The privacy fence is used to add security of the house and prevent intruders from getting in, and the height of these fences are 8 to 10 feet.
- The post and rail fences are quite similar to the split rail fence, but wood slats are used to keep in-between the rails, and these fences are mostly found in farms.
The essential aspect of the garden fence is the quality of the material that is used for the fencing. The fences remain constantly exposed to the outside environment and weather conditions. The weather elements such as rain, winds, heat and cold affect the build of the fences. It is proper maintenance is not done then cracks, splits are quite common, and the fences may even fall apart. The durability of the fence depends on the material used for fencing. Some of the most durable materials used in garden fencing are
Vinyl or also famously known as PVC (polyvinylchloride) is probably the most popular and common material and mainly due to its finish quality and durability. The vinyl fences are quite resistant to changing weather conditions and not easily crack, rust, rot, and splinter due to heat, cold or moisture.
- Wrought Iron
The wrought iron material is known for its strength and sturdiness. The wrought iron fence is very hard to break and best for privacy fencing
- Galvanised chain link
The chain link is very effective and durable material when sealed with a special coating. The galvanized chain-link fence is also resistant different weather elements and ideal choice for security.
The popular garden fencing includes close board fencing, larch-lap panel fencing, and picket fencing.
The advantages of close board fencing are
- Robust and durable
- Best for privacy and pet owners
- Has a height of 6 feet
- Prevents intruders
The advantages of larch-lap panel fencing are
- Ideal for most gardens
- More economical as compared to close board
- Best for homes having a pet cat or pet dog
- Provides privacy
The advantages of picket fence are
- Best for front gardens
- Necessary if the home has a pond and swimming pool
- Quite attractive in looks
- Does not obstruct the view
Adam Brown works in a company that provides different kinds of garden fencing services North London. He also likes to talk about his work so that people can know about garden fences through the internet. Homeowners can reach out to him through Facebook and Twitter.