Non-UK residents are eligible for tax rebates under certain circumstances. If you are a non-resident and you have paid taxes while working in the United Kingdom, then you are most likely going to receive a refund if you claim for one. The following are some of the most important things you need to know about the non-resident tax refund.

The first thing you need to know is that a non-resident can only pay tax on income derived from a source within the country. To determine whether you are a non-resident, you will need to take a statutory resident test. This test is usually divided into three major tests that include the Automatic Overseas Test, the Automatic Residence Test, and the Sufficient Ties Test. If you pass the Automatic Overseas Test, then there will be no need of taking the other tests. Furthermore, you can only take the STT once you have completed the ART.

The second thing you need to know is the type of non-resident eligible for a tax rebate. If you have stopped working in the UK, and are planning to leave the country, you will be classified as a non-resident. You can claim a tax refund if you have worked in the country, and have been able to pay your taxes throughout the years you have worked in UK.

You can also claim a tax rebate if you are a non-resident working in the United Kingdom. If you have been paying taxes to the government during the time you have worked within the country, you can request for a refund on a part of the taxes you have paid. You should lay claim to a refund once you leave the country. However, this scenario has many other stipulations for one to qualify for the rebate, and it is imperative you understand whether you meet these other requirements.

You must also understand that as a non-resident, you are ineligible to make a claim for National Insurance refunds. Only UK residents are allowed to ask for refunds from the national insurance. It is also imperative that you be aware that there is a time limit when it comes to claiming your expat tax refund. You can only make a claim on tax refunds for the last six years; otherwise, your refund will expire.

It is also important to note that the amount you receive as a tax refund will depend on a number of factors. These factors include how much you have earned while working in the country, how much tax you have paid, number of years worked, company benefits paid, as well as the exact moment you were classified as a non-resident.

If you are classified as a non-resident for tax purposes, and are looking for an expat tax refund, then you should contract the services of The company will guide you through the tricky process of determining whether you are eligible for a tax refund as a non-resident, as well as how to claim the said refund.