What is the reason why more and more businesses are changing over to VoIP? Is it true that provides more significant benefits when it is compared to the old traditional phone systems of the 20th century? The key benefits are as follows:
- Cost Effectiveness is definitely one of the most appealing features of VoIP. After getting away from aging publicly switched telephone networks, those once expensive long-distance calls will certainly be cheap! Rather than being conducted through traditional commercial telecommunications line arrangements, voice traffic moves over the Internet or on private data network lines.
- For a business, VoIP sees a big reduction in cost for things such as equipment, lines, manpower, and support. A company’s voice and data traffic are combined into one single network, avoiding any necessity for separate PBX tie lines. Even though there will be an initial installation charge, meaningful savings will result from the use of only one network without any need for the use of the old telephone system in an increasingly digital and data filled universe.
- The old style phone system mostly provides a voice and fax service, although there is a limited amount of video service that is possible. But nowadays with such a huge demand in all matters of top notch media communications through the Internet, which isn’t possible over a traditional phone. People are constantly online, sending instant messages and emails, making voice and video calls, transferring images, etc. etc.
- Regarding portability, the traditional legacy phone system provided a phone number with a single line, so you could not move a home phone to another place and use the same number. But, VoIP provides a number’s portability and the phone can utilise the same number practically anywhere as long as it has the correct IP connectivity. Business people can easily take their business VoIP phones when they are busy travelling, and can use the very same number anywhere.
- The situation of mobility here includes great service flexibility also. Anywhere the telephone happens to go, the very same services will be available, services like phone calls, access to voicemail, call logs, security features, service policy, and more.
- VoIP protocols run on the application layer and can unify or work with various other applications such as emailing, web browsers, instant messaging, and social media networking applications, etc. The unification and collaboration to develop synergy and provide beneficial services to all users and examples, would be voicemail delivery via email, click to call services on various websites, and others such as voice call buttons in emails.
- Worldwide Coverage becomes a reality with no geographical limitations. It doesn’t really matter wherever you go on planet earth, as long as you have a broadband connection you will be able to gain access to all of the above benefits of a VoIP service. And remember, long distance calls can be made for as long as you wish to speak.
VoIP is here and it’s here to stay, so why not catch up with the rest of the modern world and get connected?!