When your little one first starts childcare, for sure, both of you might need to take some time to get used to the situation. In actuality, this is normal and it’s just natural to feel anxious about it since you’re going to be concerned about how your child will cope without you by their side and whether the caregiver will satisfy their needs the way you do for them. Fortunately, you and your little one can easily adjust to the situation with the right choice of Day Care in Victoria BC.
So, how can you prepare your child for day care without much struggle for the both of you?
- Start developing a relationship with the caregivers or teachers prior the first day. Keep communications open by simply sharing your concerns and asking some questions. Teachers and other day care workers are highly trained to support children and parents get through the adjustment stage.
- Ensure that you set aside adequate amount of time on your work calendar so there wouldn’t be any reason for you to rush. Allot some time for your child to get settled in and save some time for yourself afterwards.
- Always involve your little one in preparing the things he or she will need for the first day of day care. Allow them to pick what they want to bring and wear, let them pack their bag and choose their favorite toy for naptime.
- Introduce your child to the new caregiver and teachers. Allow them to establish a bond and get closer so that your little one won’t feel homesick and scared.
- When it is time to leave your child, create a goodbye routine. You can do this by giving your little one a happy and confident farewell. Reassure them that you will come back at the end of the day to fetch them.
There are lots of day care options in your area for sure, but at Victoria BC Day Care, parents are assured that their children are in good hands.